A photograph of American rapper, Jay Z and David Banda, Madonna’s son, has stirred up mixed emotions on Malawian social media. While others expressed shock and horror owing to conspiracy theories that accuse Jay Z and Madonna of being members of the Illuminati secret cult, others were happy and proud to see the eight year old boy doing so well.
The picture was taken backstage during the 2014 Grammy Awards event on Sunday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Comments pouring out on Facebook included the following:
- “Jay-z kuphatikiza Madonna ndi a satanic ndiye mwanayu mmmmm naye satanic basi sadzagwilikanso pompa ayamba kumwa blood basi eish!”
- “Dziko lathu la Malawi lizaipa chifukwa chamwana aneney komabe tiyeni tipemphele molimba kut mwanayu asazatenge gawo pa dziko lathu la Malawi chfukwa anthu akukula nawowo ndi ma devil woshirp okha-okha.”O”ambuye Mulungu titetezen ify kuchiwandachi.AMIEEEEN.”
- “Let david be! Wether satanic o not! Amalawi tili ndi mavuto ambiri, osangoyamika bwanji kuti hes duin wel, munazolowela kuvutika mix kuba (cashgate)chilango ndi chimodzi (hell..kumoto)”
- “Jealous Jealous because it’s not your child that why people are saying bad things, he’s getting the best education, living in a luxury house so what?”
- “illuminat illuminat chani? Akukanikani agalu a cashgate pano mukumunena mwana. Ngati zikukupwetekani pititsa wanu ku orphanage kenako muyimbe fon kwa madonna adzamutenge asxa!”
Jay Z, (real name Sean Carter), has never admitted to being in the illuminati. Nevertheless, some people can’t help but place him; his wife, Beyoncé; and other popular artists like Madonna in the illuminati group. Other well known indiviuals accused of being part of the Illuminati include Celine Dion, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Ke$ha and basketball star LeBron James. Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber have also been suspected of being part of the occult.
In 2009, a three year old David Banda briefly reunited with his father Yohane Banda at a Safari Lodge in Lilongwe.