Francis Muleso and His friends have released covid-19 awareness song.
The Collaboration involves International Artists namely Zandile Hlatshwayo, Bernard Gibson, Earl “Mr Love” Lamont, Mawande Stuurman, Pam Jikkwa and Rueben Malgas
Below are the main Points of the of the song :
1. The idea to do the song came mainly to create awareness to people that covid 19 is here and we can only beat it if we join hands and work together.
2. Its a special song that features some finest vocalists in SA and on top of that it features The Temptations from Detroit, Michigan.
3. Because of the effects of Covid 19 that resulted in a national lockdown in South Africa, all the 16 contributors to the song( instrument players, vocalists, producer and engineers) never met physically. Everyone did this at his or her place. This is the same with the video.
4. Major part of the proceed will be donated to a chosen health centre or two in Malawi with equipment that will help with fighting covid 19. We talk of testing kits, masks, sanitisers, etc.
5. Because of the lockdown, most artists in South Africa have been affected alot and part of the proceeds will also go towards them to minimise their struggle. We are also thinking on how we can do the same for Malawi.
6. A fund is being set up that will enable people to donate through buying the song online at a higher than listed price. A buyer will choose how much more he would like to buy the song on top of the normal price.
7. Bottom line is to fight together so we can defeat this disease.